Sunday, May 13, 2007

Paper

Glowing white accepts me
my words

for whom we are
realizes

how far I’ve come

that it will take a lifetime
to overcome these memories
of crying, barely able to count

bleeding by......mother’s hand.

Rubbing tears
and hate
with blood
onto my tiny beaten face

I stare into the bottom
of pain
of the kitchen garbage can
through this shapeless blur


and there, staring back at me
my new-to-me white shirt
lies crumpled
and torn
streaked with red


On some level, my sympathy
allows the man to understand

but he will never.

The child remains
on the floor
with another nosebleed
because he didn’t wind

the vacuum cord up properly.


"Mother did it need to be so high?"

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger chels said...

-\||/

Props for the Floyd quote. And thank you for the comment you left on my blog the other day. It was lovely to hear from you, as always. <3 - chels

1:33 AM  
Blogger Dita said...

Great pain in this one.

I too love the Floyd quote. One of my favourite albums, though quite depressing in one cared to indulge in its lyrics.

3:50 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Hugs and an I know from me.

xx, Lori

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein