Saturday, March 31, 2007

Flower Moon

synchronously
raindrops bounce
off my outstretched brain-skin: drumbeats

dressed in regalia, dancing
in a ceremony
anticipating the rise

of the Flower Moon



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Native-American’s ( although I prefer to refer to them/us, at least in a historical context, as indigenous inhabitants of North America) use the term regalia to describe decorative, ceremonial attire. Flower Moon is/was used by Cherokee people to address the full moon in April.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger dave said...

happy birthday brother james!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

It wasn't. But hey. All is well today.

Thank you, my brother.

1:57 PM  
Blogger westcoastmama said...

oh geez...I missed your bday this year. Sorry. You know I love you

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein