Sunday, February 04, 2007

Purple Rain
I haven’t been watching the game, but listening from my book and chair. But I tuned in for the half-time show, seeing that it was Prince. Prince’s performance was so powerful by the end of his act, allowing the music and mood to gently rise to its peek. The climax of his performance was preluded by the sounds of a familiar yet distant tune. Purple Rain. Turning up the television, I mentioned something about the song being spiritual. And I fell back into my chair, watched, and listened, listened with all that I am. During the last few licks across a universal sign of cords, I was on the verge of weeping, and would have been were no one else in the room. Looking up I noticed that Prince was weeping . . . And the pyrotechnics burst upward with the thrusting of his guitar.

5 Comments:

Blogger westcoastmama said...

right there with ya, buddy....

9:10 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I agree it was a great performance. I loved his guitar! And it was raining!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

"I only want to see you laughing in the . . . . "

You finish it.

10:26 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

purple rain...

I love that guy too, he's primal, raw.

10:52 PM  
Blogger beckyboop said...

Prince rocks. He is one talented sonna of a gun. He's a little odd. You know, most artists are.....You guys, I'm kidding!!!!

XXOO, Becky

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein