Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Promise of Light

Yeah. It's me again, talking about Promise of Light,
and some of my extraordinary friends on the world of web logs.

There is all kinds of new content on the site and will be updated daily.
We have an extremely talented, unique group of people
that contribute to the site.

We have Mary's pages, Angel Speak and Mary's Hideaway.
Her words can soothe the soul, as well as tantalize the intellect.
Mary has been unoffical Co-editor from day one, and is dear to me.

Next we have Erin who most of you reading know and love.
She is the offical Co-editor of the place, and, too, is very dear to me.
If fact, she has contributed to my life more than she could ever imagine.

And Dave, forever the seeker of zen. His work inspired me to write
the following haiku a couple of years or so back:

blessed is he who
inspires, shares life amidst
flowers, vortexes

This poem appeared on the cover of the first two issues
of Flowers & Vortexes, Creative Magazine. Dave is my friend,
my brother, and a major contibutor to both the site and the mag.

Then there is my real brother. Keenan Watkins. He encouraged
me to begin writing again. I had written before our father died,
and to me everything died, including my only way out despair
and a world that never stopped taking. Writing has saved my life.
On the site and in other forums he is known as Father Deschain.
He is very talented as all the people I have or will discuss here.
Ineffable is his page. There's a new project there that he'll be
updating daily. It will be a must read. I assure you of that.

Mikey. I can't forget about my pal, Mike. I don't get around
to Mikey's part of the world much, but that's not for a lack
of admiration, repect, and love. He has also contributed to the site.
Check the front page of Promise of Light to see his contribution.

Now. Let's talk about two really cool sisters that I adore completely.
They have both been really supportive of my work and endevours,
and, like everyone I've mentioned in this post, I really do love them.
there's wild-walking, wild-riding, teller of great stories, Becky Boo.
And then there's Lori Loo, a true fine artist. She's, well, she's awesome
in everyway.

Then there's the blogger whose soul appears to be as beautiful
as her screen name, Rain. This is her Blog: Rain in the Sky.
I just saw, while I was gathering Lori's link that it's Rain's birthday!
Have the happiest of birthdays my friend.

Now since my hand is tired and blogger won't let me edit, only post,
that I'll finish later. There are a couple more I'd like to mention.
So. They don't come around much but they're awesome, so....
Fuck. Okay. There's the other Erin.

Now I'm done. If I didn't get you. I'm sorry.

7 Comments:

Blogger beckyboop said...

Oh my James, you flatter me so. I'm blushing and fanning my face with my hand. I love ya too baby!

My husband wants to know exactly what your car is doing. He is an ace mechanic...quite a wrench! Oh how I love that man of mine.

Lemme know. He may offer some good advice.

10:34 PM  
Blogger beckyboop said...

Ahhh. I didn't know your wife was pregnant! That baby will bring more light into your life! EEww, I know, me and Lori could throw a cyber baby shower for her!!! I guess I should check with Lori first, but I'm sure she would be game. Would your wife mind?

XXXOOO,

Becky

10:45 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Well. it was shredding timing belts. my man is devoted to it. I appreciate the offer though, tell him. Because I, while I'm many things, am not a wrench. at all. luckily, we borrowed a car, and might buy it, so

Zella still isn't here. they will induce her on Monday though, if she doesn’t come before that is.

And I am positive that my wife would only be flattered by such a gesture.

10:23 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

We will HAVE to get together in chatty chat to have a little shower of baby words and, oh hell, who are we kidding we'll arrange a chat for us all to blab around and get better knowing of each other soon grass hopper soon, soon as I can get that damned pebble out of that wise old dudes hand.

Um I love you too magic words man, teller of truth, sparkly fandamntastic friend, you make the planet a kinder gentler place for me.

Strong, strength, "It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong." Leo Roskin

You reek with strength dude!

lovin me some james! Lori

12:17 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Thank you, Lori.

No shower needed. But, as cliche as it may sound, it truly is the thought that counts. And it counts a great deal to me.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Thank you, that is such a lovely thing to say. Congrats on the baby on the way!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

On the way? My dear she is here.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein