Tuesday, April 17, 2007

monday

the guns fired again
today. The young
lost their lives again
today, still rubbing the
weekend from the corners of their eyes

Sad Tuesday

Sun weeps rays of confusion
why’s and how’s warming the wet, morning grass


Tell me. How do you factor it in?

How do you account for this "problem of evil."

We’ll speak in terms of monotheism, since that is the
belief of most people. (I won’t bother with political
correctness, that is the way I address the deity, God
or Goddess, because sex is irrelevant to a spiritual,
supreme being. That I feel safe to assume.)

But if God, the earth, the form goodness, the sun
(like these are separate things), what have you . . .
but if God is omnipotent and all good,
how do you account for human suffering?

To all of you who are affected by this tragedy,
just know I’ve cried for your son, your daughter,
mother, father, friend. The love that defines us,
as humanistic creatures, shines in the midst of chaos and sadness.

You have my thoughts and prayers,
and a stream of love that I can neither turn off, nor ignore.

~ James, Bedford, Kentucky

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger fineartist said...

...some things are just incomprehensible.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

"The problem of evil is the cornerstone of atheism" my theology teacher.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

I'm not so sure I agree. I haven't taken a "formal" theology class. But then again I've never taken a creative writing one either.

Leibniz definitely produced an (to the belief of many)effective theodicy. And many others did as well.

But is atheism built upon "the problem of evil," as Leibniz described, or any other description for that matter?

As Hume maintained, as do I, the differences between the theist and atheist might be one of subtle verbalism (another new word I think.). I, myself, exist universally in regards to the concept of God, or god, a touch of deist I am while the whole, the soul, is that of a pantheist: God is all.

As said over the years: "The metaphysician looks in a dark room for a black cat that is not there. The theologian looks in the same place for the same thing, and finds it." – The Power of Ideas

I am certain of but one thing. The truth lies somewhere in between.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein