Thursday, April 05, 2007

This is for the Children

Zella sleeps.

I watch over her:
stare at photographs
in my mind,
on the walls, into
portals unobtainable by touch
but perceptible to a certain sense

I am the traveler
of a million heartaches
tear stains, and outbursts
of laughter into the face of lightlessness.

This is for the children!

...who call out to me, each
and every one of your voices.

I cry.
She doesn’t
make a sound.

I listen to them,
feel their energies,
experience their spirits, interpret
their names in wind-blown petals of cherry blossoms.

. . . Alexis . . . Alexa . . . Zoe . . . Nova . . . .


Suddenly and slowly,

humanty's beautiful sadness escapes into the air.
Waves propelled by breath and emotion
flow over dry teeth and moist lips.

Silence evaporates.

And the voices speak:

Cry not traveler.
For we play all day
in the softness of green
grass, smiling in the sun so happily.


It's okay. We are

perfect now: Free.


You don’t have to
understand
what this is

just listen . . . .



And so I did.

This is for
the fathers, the mothers.

This is for . . . the children.




Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really nice..and was great reading through it..thanks for sharing it...and as Mothers Day is approaching i'd also like you to drop by my blog on Mothers Day Wishes sometime and enjoy all that i've posted there...and while you're at it do share your thoughts!!!

1:51 AM  
Blogger beckyboop said...

James, you never fail to move me. I hope you, momma, Zella, and the family are doing well.

Becky :)

11:48 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I have tried to write on the birth of a child and have usually been to overcome to speak ( or write)
You have written something that says it all, how we are all connected. It is lovely, spiritual and warm.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Ladies.

I've been so busy.

Do forgive my nonresponsiveness, not sure if that's a word. But if it wasn't, it is now.

8:49 AM  
Blogger fineartist said...

That is how it is..."dry teeth and moist lips" that is so how it is. You put a finger on it like I wouldn't have thought of, but it IS how it is.

I'll be tip toeing out now, but first I'll nod my head and leave some love vibes.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein