Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In the Moonlight

I sit alone in the night.
I play my songs for you.
You blow against the tall-tasseled
grasses like you were wind.

Cars pass by
on the gravel road
twenty-five yards away
raise the dust against their red brake-lights
as they drive down the hill

never knowing
that I sit alone
and play my songs for you.

You.

No pick in hand
fingers and thumb
moving up and down
swaying to the sounds
of the tall-tasseled grasses.

And the shadow
of my curly hair
casts on the paper
like one side of a conifer

as I write
as I sit alone/in the moonlight
and trade your memory
for the sound of my voice.

2 Comments:

Blogger fineartist said...

I can see you sitting, playing, I can almost here you too.

Peace brother, love too.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Sassy said...

awesome

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein