Friday, July 18, 2008

I suppose no one will be checking anything out with the impulsively posted, obstaclized link I provided.

I'm not sure what I was thinking, probably rushing and multitasking as I tend to attempt to do.

James got drunky last night. I don't do it often, but when I do, the alcohol vanishes like life itself in some strange ritual on a merry-go-round to and fro the cooller or ice-cold beer box, becoming intoxicated and sobering in and out of lucidity, in and out of a magnaifying-glass sunburn water-filled pool of refreshment.

I woke up yesterday morning, brushed my teeth, grabed a frigid perspiring can of reddog, nasty high contented bite of a beer while singing a Morrison tune and toasting the begginning of a very long day, smashing the thirty pack we, just two us, drank another two fifths of wine, some jager and a twelve pack of bud long necks before ending the day with a card game that I lost.

Today I'm as red a lobster and never felt better.

won't do that again any time soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger fineartist said...

I'm pretty sure ya have to have a user name and password to get in that there site, darn it.

I'm boxing my blues away today, I am.

And missing me some James. xx

6:47 PM  
Blogger beckyboop said...

James, I'm missin' ya too!

Commenting from my post...I'm bummed that I did not get to see Steve Miller the night of the concert. They shut the concert down because of the storm. I've seen him before, so I'm over it now.

I would love to see Bob Dylan. He is a wonderful poet...and I don't care what anybody says, I love the way he sings. You ever listen to Woody or Arlo Guthrie? They have some great lyrics as well.

2:26 AM  
Blogger beckyboop said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g266Uwp6ZnI

The Guthries are great story tellers.

2:33 AM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

I love his voice too. Such a unique
timbre.


oh. I agree about Woody and Arlo.
they are too, like Bob, crucial to understanding a time a and a place in history as well as propelling those ideas into the present time, reminding us of how strong love really is and the common bond we have as human beings. I...I...don't know if any of that made anysense whatsoever. did I mention I drank a few last night. need more sleepy and a gallon of something to drink. Non Alcoholic please.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

It made perfect sense especially for a hung over poet. Damn dude, you partied. I think it is good to get rip roaren drunk every once in while, at home, so no one sees ya do anything stupid. It was fitting for you to drink some hair-of-the-dog while listening to Morrison.

This weekend we are going to a tribute concert. When the Doors tribute band plays, we will think of you!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Dita said...

Jagger is no longer my friend. Found that out after several "Hail Mary's" at the almighty toilet bowl.

Sounds like you had a fantastic time though. Cheers to that!

2:32 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Um, ditto, me too, not this weekend but a couple of weekends past, at my brother's house, had to kill the bottle of wine because the cork was in pieces. What can I say? It was my duty, you understand. Heh.

FYI, do NOT try to walk on an air mattress when drunky, it's impossible, or, well that was my experience.

And we did think of you at that concert too!
xx

2:19 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

haha this makes me laugh. Sounds like me a few days ago. And I was drunk posting too... It was awesome at the time. Not so great the next morning.

*hug*

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein