Monday, June 09, 2008

I'd like to say a few words.

I feel the meds in my knees, this is an indication that I could be asleep in about twenty minutes, if a creative spark doesn’t allow my mind to NOT shut off.

Picking through the
seeds and stems
of today’s memories

I find you
sitting, silently
waiting patiently
for my arrival

dimensions of red, orange, purple
bursting blooms adorn the path
in this aesthetical, peaceful
garden
where a butterfly lands on the back of your hand
standing as a symbol.

(Most people perceive that the butterfly’s purpose is purely aesthetical, if they consider it at all. But it is also a symbol, a display meant to teach us the art of metamorphosis. But the butterfly cannot teach us, she can only allude to its beauty. The art we must teach ourselves, to be transform.)

Be like the water. Flow.


Monday Morning
(June 2, 2008)

I got that phone call
again today, the one where
you hang up the phone
in a slow, silently sad way
and another friend becomes part of the dream.

There are two worlds which matter most to human beings: the collective, agreed upon reality based on concepts based on leaps of the imagination (Strange how that is.) and the personal yet universal singularity of what I sometimes refer to as the dream.

Plato called it dualism, the belief that the world we live in, according to Plato, is not the true reality, but that there is another realm of human being. The realm of the forms he might say, the only place where perfection exists. And others might call this place heaven. Certainly it is thought of by Christanity as to be quite a specific destination. But I say a happy, subjective yet all compassing existence is obtainable for any one wishes to beileve that it's possible.

(A lightening bug is crawling on my leg now as I type. I look down to see his flashing light, look to the left, see the flashing light on my computer, and then see a most strange similarity in the way the lights look and the way in which they pulsate.)

It is the dream we seek,
a state of perpetual inertia,
being launched into a realm of pure thought,
having no containment
simply free,
a personal yet universal
singularity of eternity.

Some maintain that they live for this life. Some: for an afterlife.
But it is the balance of purpose that evokes a smile from the human spirit.

And since there is no definition in this realm, no containment, we must absorb as much of this world’s love and beauty so as to make a smooth, happy transition in the next plain of existence, where there are no limits.

It is human evolution to evolve into pure thought.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger fineartist said...

Interesting that you should post such a post; I've been really, and I mean really fascinated with Ram Dass lately, devouring his words, looking for extended meanings, hidden meanings, an epiphany.

I've been listening to his Fierce Grace series, and one of the most important messages he seems to convey is that we are all one, once we lose the trappings of society, of who we are perceived to be, and our perceptions of self, we begin to notice the many similarities that we have with each other, rather than the differences.

I had intended to post a couple of his youtube tapes and then I posted that bloggers anonymous site, I think I'll get rid of that and post ram instead.

xx

2:31 AM  
Blogger fineartist said...

I guess I was drawn to Ram because of my dad's death, no, I know that's why I've been listening to him. There are a lot of videos of his out there in cyber space, some on death, some on suffering, some on karma, and many at various stages of his life. Listening to his words has given me a sort of peace that I didn't have before, and though I'm sure he didn't intend it, a sense of fear too. I mean look what happened to him, he was a man who sered others and now he is having to be taken care of. Then again he explains it as a way to be closer to God/Goddess.

I guess I'm searching for some kind of closure and something else in this life too. Something to help me make sense of the things that happen in this life. I guess I'm trying to cultivate my spiritual self because that part of me is hungry.

Um, wow, it all just fell out of my fingers, whew I feel better.

xx

3:10 AM  
Blogger Dita said...

Very deep indeed. On metamorphosis of the butterflies...aren't we all a butterfly if we're really living?

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein