Monday, December 25, 2006

The Prophet: Bob Dylan

Blowin' in The Wind



How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind.

How many years can a mountain exist
Before it's washed to the sea?
Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?
Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head,
And pretend that he just doesn't see?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind.

How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
Yes, 'n' how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
Yes, 'n' how many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I leave these words here in dedication to
Toby Abbot who died on December 23, 2006.

Goodbye brother, goodbye.

2 Comments:

Blogger fineartist said...

Here are some excerpts from my award winning collection, 'Haiku from Hell'.

Smallness

I've always been small.
Though my parents were midgets.
That's probably why.


Chair

Oh, old wooden chair,
How I like to sit on you,
When no one's looking.


Man

I once knew a man,
Who lived in a shed of wood.
But now he doesn't.

Sleep Deprivation

I was just thinking
What flamingoes would look like,
If they wore trousers.


Dubious Hygiene

A strange aroma,
When one is trapped in a lift,
Amongst old women.


Biscuits

I collect biscuits,
Hoping to open a shop
That will sell biscuits.


Wallpaper

I like my new home.
The wallpaper is lovely.
It's made of rubber.


Pigeon

Beautiful pigeon,
You take flight, spreading your wings,
And crap on my face.




[This message has been edited by Toby Abbot (edited 04-07-2001).]

I thought you might enjoy these as much as I enjoyed coming here and seeing Bob's tune.

Much love as always, Lori

7:41 PM  
Blogger beckyboop said...

This song always brings back the memory of me, my sisters, Lori and Pam, when we were very young. We were all singing this song into hair brushes while looking at ourselves in the mirror. No Peter, Paul, and Mary we were. We thought we were cool though.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein