Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Writing

I love it. Of course, you know that.
It's my life's work. You know that too.

What you may not know is how much
I appreciate YOU. I do you know.

Anyway. I'm working like mad on some important papers. I refuse to write shit, so I'm giving the papers more attention, relative to what percentage sufficeable for an A. But. I wanted to say to my friends out there: I haven't forgotten about you. I'll be back soon. Poetry's always talking to me. And sometimes I just have to listen. Most remain scribbled lines forever. Some make it into the public, here and there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


In the Middle of the Road

He walks
comes to end of the beginning
of this gray, rock-dust road

He steps-onto the pavement
stands on two yellow lines
the sun seems closer, here
hotter on my face. Wind: cold

so cold on my ears and hands

but my face . . . the face forgets
about the cold wind of winter

moments are lifetimes . . . lingering

standing
in the middle
of the road:
a relatively strange
individual.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well. I'm off to write some more analysis.
(you know what's really funny is how I remember to spell analysis)

3 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

It's a great word, analysis. I loved writing literary analysis papers. But, it can be a lot of pressure when they are due, so I wish you a stress free season of peace.

5:01 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

I once had to analyze the article, The Eye is Part of The Mind.

I read it like ten times and then started crying. Heh.

Then I kicked it's ass.

I know you're kicken' that ass.

xx, Lori

2:47 AM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Thanks. You guys are the best.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein