Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Rocket Man

She packed my bags last night pre-flight
Zero hour nine a.m.
And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then

I miss the earth so much I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home

Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did

And all this science I don't understand
It's just my job five days a week
A rocket man, a rocket man

And I think it's gonna be a long long time...



These lyrics were written by one Bernie Taupin,
and, of course, were perfomed by Elton John.


There was a time,
oh yes indeed, that these
Lyrics applied to James.

But I have since been freed
from most all the masks I once wore.

I am a librarian now,
so far from the dark places
I once inhabited,
this mask is comfortable

feels like no mask at all
at times

It just needs an adjustment
here and there
and intellectual intervals of indica inhalation

how the old crowd
would laugh
at me

and how I would not
care

just some words
no poetry
here

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger dave said...

intellectual
intervals of
indica
inhalation

i
sea

11:24 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

ah a sea of seeing sight seen through the promise of light

12:03 AM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Alliteration is fantastic, fabulous fun from far-away fantasies found in the fountain of thought

12:06 AM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

forever.................

12:07 AM  
Blogger fineartist said...

I think I could dig your gig!

Especially when the kids are spilling paint and NOT washing their brushes, heh.

xx

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein