Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Two Tiny Stones

As I sat in my pea-graveled sidewalk of faded color,
staring at the tiny stones as I had been moments before,
staring at the cliched simplicity of bee and fall
flowered exquisiteness of nature’s beauty with no other

thoughts than the images that laid before me,
I reached for it, a transparent piece of rock truth.
Was this the same pebble Frost noticed in the bottom
of that well?...Place this truth in the light. Watch the light
bounce and expel. Now slow down the process. Watch it

bend in my hand as I heard cards made of feathers
shuffling . . . .
in the overhead air. Turn to look. Sparrows pass
by in the glare
of sun, and I smile. Then I see another stone,

a smooth
blackness balances. Is this truth?....

then the other one must be love.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Sir, thanks for dropping in on my poetry place, and for the invitation. I'll look it up! And thanks for your kind thoughts.

11:48 AM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Well if it's not love, IT DAMN WELL SHOULD BE.

I really liked this piece it slowed me down long enough to see it, to share it, to wonder and hear.

xx, Lori

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein