Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Please

Make no mistake: this is not symbolism, nor is it poetic, nor anything other than unmasked thought, "words of wisdom," words of warning and love.

Please everyone. I know life flies past our heads at an enormous rate of speed sometimes, and unexpected bills and costs seem like the world’s falling apart at our feet and piles up to our eyes. But go have a check up. Find out what you are at risk for. And please be tested for whatever it may be. Eat right. Don’t sacrifice your health for convenience. Be around, for your kids, or the ones you love most, or the ones you miss most, for every single person you love. Never let one day pass that you neglect to tell someone you love that very thing. They deserve it. You deserve it. And dive deep into what you love, what inspires you to become a better person, for in the end, all we have is our character, and the measure of that character, to ourselves and to others, are the memories we leave behind. Remember the pain. It is the pain that loves us most. And always live with the purpose to love.

4 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Bro! I'm at work! No fair making me tear up here. I love you, man!

3:42 PM  
Blogger beckyboop said...

I'm with ya, although you are worrying me a bit. Are ya ok? I hope so. Take care.

Becky

7:43 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Mike:
And I you my friend.

*In a scruffy, Clint Eastwood voice:

Now this doesn’t mean we’re gonna be swappin’ spit in the shower at 2:00 am.

Seriously though bro. Thanks for being a great friend.

Becky, I was down at first, but with just a little thought, four years, eight years, tomorrow, if I go, I know I have made peace with all the shadows of the past, and view ahead gleams....regardless of circumstances.

Thanks for listening/reading.

Or...fine thanks...and you?

10:01 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Naaa she didn't want the pat answer, not Becky, she appreciates real answers.

I think people who ask how a person is and don't really want to know shouldn't even bother asking, ya know?

They just piss me off.

We all get bummed out, we all occasionally get scared too. Especially when our bodies refuse to behave, or manage to catch a condition that could potentally be fatal.

We in our humaness need to be listening to each other in times like these, jmo though.

I don't even know where I'm going with this, I feel like I'm battling a demon of my own making right now but just wanted you to know that I feel ya.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein