Friday, October 27, 2006

Just Journaling

Well. I was called into the local physician’s office Monday. What I was told was with medication (more fucking pills) and strict diet I may be a few years away from a potentially-fatal heart attack. News like this automatically transforms everyday "problems" into little things that dry up like dead flowers and barely leave their stain behind to be dusted off with slow fingers of contemplation. That was my Monday, missed class bla bla bla.

Tuesday. I’m sitting here typing, living the very sedentary lifestyle that has seemingly doomed me. I hear a surge, then a small explosion, look outside, become the coolest mad man I can be, running back and forth trying to find the smoke (while thoughts of not having kept up the insurance are woven into my mind like a spider’s web) that I am now smelling from an evident, electrical fire. Walk into the master bath, it’s full of white smoke. The smoke appeared to be coming up from the floor, underneath the toilet. I was about to rip the damn thing out of the floor, before this thought had a chance to be analyzed for logic, merit, and so forth. But I quickly realized that-that just couldn’t be the case. So, I went through the wall behind it, found the smoke but still couldn’t see the fire. Then I walk around, and as I told my friend Mike, tore a path to the access wall, then, well, tore the wall down with my bare hands, found the fire, put it out, suffered smoke inhalation, feel like shit now, missed class bla bla bla.

But I (the mad man) refuse to let fire consume my home, and I (the warrior) refuse to die as well. It’s going to be a fight, but I been fighting in one way or another, whether it be for peace, my sanity, or my breath, my whole life. So I say, although I am a pacifist, to any man or heart disease, make sure your gloves are laced up tight before you step in the ring with me.

6 Comments:

Blogger westcoastmama said...

I always said you were a warrior! Let the battle begin!

Oh, hell! What am I saying?! With your attitude, and a little nudge from me, *wink-wink* you've already won!!! (I'm SO modest! lol) Love ya, big guy...all will be well.

1:28 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Dayum James mortality sucks.

I refuse to fall apart too.

Tag team?

xx, Lori

4:38 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Mary. Attitude? Why whatever do you mean? Little ol' me?

Lori. Let's get em!

10:09 PM  
Blogger dave said...

~^~^~
waves


(as a noun)



thanks

10:49 AM  
Blogger beckyboop said...

James,

I hope you're feelin better.

In my book, you are a madman, hero, bad-ass warrior!! You saved your house and your family.

You take care of yourself love. Heart disease is nothin to muck around with. My husband got a wake-up call about 3 years ago. The doctor couldn't even measure his cholesterol, it was off the charts. His doctor said he was a walking heart attack. With medication and some, and only some (I wish he would do more), changes to his diet, he is doing much better.

I would like to claim to be a pacifist, but I can't really make that promise. I'll kick some ass for ya! I got your back. Hell, it's ok. I have undergone some repairs. My husband says I've been overhauled. I'm ready to go. Man, woman, heart disease, fire, come on.....

10:48 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I love you. Diet and meds... those are doable, and I completely have faith in your stubborn personality and believe that you'll refuse to give in, or up...

I'm babbling, trying to find the right thing to say and all I hear is me mumbling through my toes :|

Can I use your line and just say "." here? God I suck, but I love you!
*hug*

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein