Saturday, July 15, 2006

Visitor: Syd's Song

flower-bubble ash-
tray gather secrets
messages from burning visions

to come

deciphering night’s
long, shotgun style, box-tunnel
starting here
at my table
peering out over
wandering jews . . . wandering

searching for the moon: light-junkies

waiting.........for............ the........... Sun


and black-eyed suzies with dried, curled
yellow petals stiff with their lifelessness
and, at the other end of this box-shaped
vortex, traveling out my windows: turquoise

jewel of infinity gleams
redirecting
refracting light
from a thousand points

while silence awaits . . . any sound

but not one echoes
throughout this chamber
no whipping white cloths
to cover the doorways to hide
what lies beyond each threshold


While the hum of a nearby machine
and the ticking of a clock
were the only indicators

that somewhere
at some point
there must have been- life.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I debated with myself over the addition to the title. It was my first intention to dedicate to the man, but I didn't necessarily write it with him in mind, but only with his state of mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger fineartist said...

I like the flow of this, so unpredictable and non trite.

It’s like an odd arrangement that makes perfect sense. I can hear things like it in my head when I let myself go…just go.

I really like this piece...it speaks to me. I would go into great detail why but I have a tendency to babble, so I'll spare you.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

I thank you madam. But spare me not. Climb that tower of babble on...anytime.

Thankx for reading AND commenting.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein