Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Flip Side

Well, I know I’m quite the pessimist sometimes, but, for whatever reason, things don’t seem to be going too well with what I’m trying to do over at Promise of Light. I don’t think that people realize I just stopped trying to publish my own work, and suddenly wanted to publish other people’s work, because I am that much in love with words, with the people who speak them, and this world in which we hear them in. I have lived life like a true artist since I began to truly understand, since I began to truly listen, to beauty and pain, side by side like the yen and yang, like the slick, black streets of a rainy night and the blueness of a sun-filled day. Any minute resource I obtain now goes toward my new ambitions for others. I say this not be recognized, but, perhaps, to be understood. But being who I am I will never give in, it’s simply not an option. And, as I mentioned, on the flip side, or side by side, or even the other side, there’s always optimism.

~ James

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're amazing.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Thankx.

starshine: awesome!

thankx again friend.

I look forward to the future.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein