Friday, June 16, 2006

Curvy Yellow Lines of Night

open my eyes

peel back the early
layers of unconsciousness
to reveal morning’s fresh

flesh of bright orange psychosis

tasty with toast and coffee
tea or shattered shards of disappointment
scattered remnants of scarred relationships

lie in the road as I

close my eyes
to the pain of day
rays of confusion

leave me blind
only afterimages
flash in my broken mind

while I follow these
curvy yellow lines of night
leading me through this recurring

dream, stretching my endurance . . . as far as it will go . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein