Sunday, September 11, 2005

Refreshed Memory

A version of the following poem was on an e-zine that used to exist
called Phases. Although, I wrote the original and its counter-parts
with my father in mind, I offer it now, in dedication to that day,
four years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Duration plays
deceit on intellect
Time, in pockets, packets like photons
weakens pain
supresses
it
But
allotment
can not diminish it
Affection dwells
in wells, soaking
our souls wet
with tears
Enchantment drips
from fall leaves
and gathers
on the grass
to be danced in
to refresh memories dry with pain

5 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

Hon, I know I saw this yesterday, but have you changed your colors today? The blue is almost invisible on the black. You should not hide this piece.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I have no problem seeing it - or remembering it actually. I'll have to dig Phases back out one of these days!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

V, I did indeed change the colors and now, per your request, I have changed then yet but again. I think I found the right color now. I wanted to contrast from the side bar quotes. E, I'm sure you do remember, but I like the changes. Do you? Be cool.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Thanks for removing my blindness. I don't remember this from Phases. I should.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Well, you probably don't because it's now only a version of what it once was.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein