Thursday, September 01, 2005

W.

His heart is rotten meat

I taste another conspiracy

All those people
crowded like cattle
like less than human

The police and national guard
just drive by while these people
beg, die. A group has one nurse
to 15,000, some have none.

"Over and over they ask: When
are the buses coming? When?"

But they do not come

"Please, help us!"

"They are weak. They are tired."

A black man helps an old white lady
sit down, to rest her exhausted body
and looks into the camera. His eyes
say: See, I am kind. Be kind to us

Pleading people cry into a glass lens
to a hollow man, a non human man

He speaks now as I cry. But
I don’t want to see his face

He has shamed me yet but again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein