Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lennon and Lavender

opening sounds of piano
embrace my essence
like an old friend

and I smile, press my face
against the warm glass

the road-side reveals
tiny lavender flowers
and all other colors fade
into the passing blur
of my perception
beyond the dirt that streaks
across the pane of my passenger window

the motor accelerates us

yet the petals of lavender
are as well defined as your
memory is in my mind

as your words are:

still daring us
to press the boundaries
of our imagination


(c) 2010 James Eric Watkins

2 Comments:

Blogger Sassy said...

I need to go for a drive in the country and listen to some good music. I haven't done that in a while.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

That sounds very . . . relaxing, even therapeutic. Yes. You must.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein