Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hey You


Hey you! out there in the cold
getting lonely, getting old, can you feel me

Hey you! Standing in the aisles
with itchy feet and fading smiles, can you feel me

Hey you! don't help them bury the light
Don't give in without a fight.

Hey you! out there on your own
Sitting naked by the phone, would you touch me

Hey you! with your ear against the wall
Waiting for someone to call out, would you touch me

Hey you! would you help me to carry the stone
Open your heart, I'm coming home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But it was only fanstasy
The Wall was too high, as you can see
No matter how he tried he could not break free
And the worms ate into his brain
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))************

Hey you! out there on the road
Always doing what you're told, can you help me
Hey you! out there beyond the wall
Breaking bottles in the hall, can you help me
Hey you! don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall



Written by Roger Waters. Performed by Pink Floyd on The Wall.

As far I can tell, this is the most accurate set of lyrics to this song,
in accordance to the actual music on the albulm. I gathered them
souly from listening. There are a lot of lyrics out there, but they
are incomplete, mostly there, but still incomplete. Even the "hand-
written" lyrics that accompanied the album and later the CD aren't
all there. The differences are subtle, but nonetheless differences.

8 Comments:

Blogger beckyboop said...

Hi James!

I got your mag. It was great. Loved it. Of course, my favorite "Listen" was there. I love that poem. It srikes my very core. When your next issue comes out I'll get it too.

I went out of town over Labor day. My husband, and friends road our bikes to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Had a blast. You would love this town. It is an old town with all the original buildings and houses from back in the 1800's. A lot of old hippies live there and own shops. Very artsy fartsy. There are shops selling local art and musicians on the street corners, nestled in the hills. It's cool.

....Love Pink Floyd. I have been listeing to "Wish You Were Here" this wee.

Have a good one!

Becky :)

I got back into town and had surgery (hysterectomy). I'm starting to come back to life. I'm sore as hell and can't lift anything or do anything. I'll be off for 6 weeks to recover. My dog and I have been going for walks. The excersize is helping.

I'll come by and visit from time to time, but it is hard to sit for too long. All in all, I'm doing fine. Sorry any mispellings, I'm on drugs. Weee.

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, oh man, I just read Beck's comment...I'm at her house...checking on her...I've been thinking about her all this WEE. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. (Yes Becky, I am rotton.)

If you have a blog address on your site meter that's been on your site for two hours, or more, it's Becky's. Rest easy she's no stalker, just sort of, well, um
interestingly numb...Well, I couldn't say comfortably, could I?

Wish you were here James. I love that song too.

Okay, I'll be back, I'm going in to read your post now.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

my blood type is typo. too. sometimes. I'm just glad to hear from ya. Yeah.

I would love that town...sounds...just wonderful. killer. crazy cool.

yeah. Floyd sings the sound track to soul. I sure hope you're not sore long. Feel well, my friend.

And then come back.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

good job, a great song deserves to have the lyrics correctly printed. I wonder if they just change them while singing?

12:15 AM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Hey rain. that name just fucking rocks. simple. yet powerful.

They do indeed "just change them while singing," but this is for someone who wishes to sing it correctly, that is according to the actual music, and perhaps, for whatever reason, didn't know the actual words.

thankx for droppin' in.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

ahh. I see. They were not so much wrong, but rather incomplete.

11:56 PM  
Blogger 666poetry-finchnot said...

ah roger waters / my hubby got to
see him the other night in ny

said it was the best concert ever


& yeah / i love this song / as soon
as i started to read the lyrics /
the tune raced thru my head


i hope you are well james

~jx

4:09 PM  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

jenn. just go to POL. The song either plays on the welcome page automatically or you might have to click play. Hell I really don't know, that's pretty bad, eh?

the three universal points are almost inline. I will be well, soon.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein