Friday, May 05, 2006

About A Bird

I have the most amazing story

about a bird

You see I am

always listening

am always watching

the birds, whispering to them
whistling to them, talking

And they usually sing back
to one another, to me. We appear
to have an understanding, a communication

beyond words

But today, I was funneled into surrealism, realism
and was awed to be breathing that very moment when
I began to walk down this gravel road and I must have walked
through the separation of this world and that one, but I was clear
more clear than water. I am more capable now than ever before

of seeing

But the story, the literal story is this
I saw a bird, black with deep orange on each wing
he saw me, tan with cheap sunglasses , whistling and
slightly jumping to him. He hovered and circled
returned to see me seeing him, talking to him.
He was intrigued, and I was amazed. I gently
motioned and called him. He fluttered and followed
until we both realized we were not like the rest

we were cursed

to truly see
one another

seeing what we're about



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Promise of Light

  • moon phase info
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Far Side of Sanity

    And the iguanas dance in the desert/a thousand miles away from this place/and this face: stoned immaculate.

    "Hang on to your hopes my friend; That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again." ~ Paul Simon

    Powered by Blogger

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~ Albert Einstein